Are you headed over the river and through the woods this Thanksgiving?
You won’t be alone.
AAA is predicting the heaviest travel since 2009, projecting that almost 49 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home November 23-27. Ninety percent will travel by automobile.
To help ensure worry-free Thanksgiving travel, follow these tips from AAA:
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If it’s been a while since your vehicle was serviced, take the time to have your vehicle and tires inspected before you go.
- Map your route ahead of time. Be prepared for busy roads and consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Remind your children not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated.
- Keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. AAA and many other companies offer smartphone applications that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
We invite you to visit your neighborhood Oil Can Henry’s before your road trip. Our Famous 18-Point Full-Service Oil Change includes a safety check to help ensure your vehicle is ready for the road. Our service includes a check of your lights; check and fill of your tires; and a check and fill of vital fluids, including washer fluid, radiator fluid, automatic transmission fluid, and power steering fluid.
Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Oil Can Henry’s!